BOOK REVIEW 📕 Of the heart and soul-a mellifluous whisper by Piyali Mitra

The cover of this book is beautifully designed. The title is really interesting and made me pick this one. This is a very different kind of book analyzing the concept and how it feels to be in love. In this book the author shares how love can be the source of inspiration and abjection at the same time. This is also a memory book remembering the various emotions her mother has been subjected to. My favourite poems from the book are: A Lonely Camaraderie,Since the day I met you, Mother- My Life and many more. Here are some of my favourite lines from the poem: "A solitary walk down the lane. Leaves her unsure and uncertain. She looks around but found no one, Hollowness sucks her deep. She looks within and found you smiling, Beckoning her to embrace and hold her tightly, Lest you be gone again at a blink. All alone sitting on the edge of her bed With hands shielding her face, With tears tinkling down, Yearning deep within to get." Grab the book to read more! This is a short and beautiful collection of poems with 50 pages, related to love, nature and various observation about life.The author has written all the poems in a really beautiful and raw manner.The writing style is really engaging.I felt connected with the poems and really enjoyed reading this book. Even when it's a short read, I would not recommend you to complete it in one go. I will keep reading this book again and again and will definitely recommend you to do the same.Highly recommended from my side especially if you like reading poems. Go for it without a doubt!

Comments

Popular posts

Author Interview with Lynn McAllister

One of my favourite book!