Author Interview with Jasen Mapp

 


1)Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "Jecht Quincy is The Prince of Death"?

Hello my name is Jasen Mapp and my book "Jecht Quincy is the Prince of Death" is the first of a five part saga that attempts to tell the story of a boy growing up too fast in a world of war, trying to cope with his own demons just doing what he can to protect the family he has.

2. What is your motive behind writing this book? 

Well at first my motive behind writing it was just as fun writing exercises to get my mind away from things when my life was in a pretty rough state. But eventually I just wanted to keep going and going. But I think in 2021, the messages in Jecht's story of how family can get you through any dark time is most important.

3) How did you become an author?

I was in high school and my teacher told me I was his best writer and the ego boost I got was abnormal. But in all seriousness, I always had a knack for this. I am a great liar, which is a trait I think all the best authors have. When I was younger I played with toys creating super long storylines. Eventually all the clues that sprinkled throughout my life manifested and it clicked. I knew what I wanted to do!

4) How long did it take you to complete the writing and publication process?

Well this book particularly had many rough drafts and iterations. Mix that in with a high school and eventually college schedule, and it took me about 5 years took finish and publish... But I used that time to learn so much about my craft. So I think the time was well spent.

5)How would you express your journey as an author?

Well, as of the time of answering this question, I've only been an author for about a month. However, my first few steps into this field were daunting. Exciting for sure! The support has been unreal and all of the stories I plan to tell...all of the hearts I want to touch. It makes me want to explode of joy. Cheesy, huh?

6) Are you a full time writer or you do any other work apart from writing?

 wish I could say I was. But alas, I still have a regular 9 to 5 at Walmart. But on a better note, I do have an internship where I get be a writer for a video game project. But I can't say much more on that, I signed a nondisclosure agreement! Juggling all of that, I truly only get to write my own books about an hour or 2 a day if I'm not too tired!

7) What things do you love to do other than writing?

A whole lot. I am a gamer at heart! I love to play videogames, practice guitar, practice dancing, skate, draw and brainstorm. I also enjoy anime, but I don't watch any currently. My absolute favorite thing to do, however, is watch youtube videos that break down shows and games into essentially literary critiques.

8) What's your favourite spot to visit in your country?

I have no clue. I've only been down the east coast of the United States, but my favorite and least favorite is to return to my hometown in New Jersey when I get the rare chance. I hate seeing how things are so different to how I remember, and I also hate seeing when things are the same! But I love it because each time, it just feels so much smaller, and it makes me feel like I've grown since my last visit.

9)At the end,Any tips for upcoming authors and our readers? 

My main piece of advice is to not let other people tell you what a good story is. Only you can judge for yourself if your story is worthy for the world to see. And lastly, being an author is hard work. Its not just about doing what only you can do, but doing everything you can do. Everything you can do to improve, to grow, to learn, to actually sit down in the dead of night and push through....the people that can embrace both of those aspects... The world will know your story before long!

Thank you so much for answering all the questions in such a wonderful manner


Here's the purchase link of his book "Jecht Quincy is The Prince of Death"

Comments

Popular posts

Author Interview with Lynn McAllister

One of my favourite book!

BOOK REVIEW 📕 Confessions of a MANAHOLIC by P. Pierre