ABOUT THE BOOK BY THE AUTHOR 📕 Blueberries In My Salad: My Journey Towards Fitness & Strength by Amit Arora

This book describes a journey of clean eating and regular workouts that I undertook with my wife from being fat to fit. Like a salad, life may not be the most appealing lunch option but if you can keep finding the blueberries every now and again, it is both rewarding and fulfilling. Initially, I wanted to write a book documenting our journey towards fitness and strength on a day to day or at least a week by week basis. As things progressed, I realized that we were not the only ones on this journey and the Internet was filled with blogs and YouTube videos that document in great detail, very successful, inspiring and transformational stories. Why was I wanting to reinvent the wheel by writing our story on the same lines? I thought that while a daily or weekly journal was not something I could do but definitely there were "topics" on which I would like to pen down my thoughts. For example, the most often asked question, "What diet did we follow?", "Do I really need a trainer?", "Just tell me how long would it take to lose 10 pounds" and so on. Therefore I decided to write this book as a collection of essays on these and other related topics. It has been more than 9 months since we started this journey and I feel that we have learnt so much that it is important to document this first and foremost for our own selves and then also for anyone who might be interested (I hope someone is). After all, it is one thing to see someone famous transform and another thing to see someone you know or could relate to (middle aged Punjabi NRI couple anyone?) do the same and then realize "If they could do it, so can I". Overall I lost about 50 pounds and my wife lost about 20 pounds and it needed a lifestyle change, for the better. Exercise and eating clean will change your life as well.
Available On Amazon https://amzn.to/3blSsDn

Comments

Popular posts

Author Interview with Lynn McAllister

One of my favourite book!

BOOK REVIEW 📕 Confessions of a MANAHOLIC by P. Pierre